Welcome to the Training and Development Service (TDS)
TDS places a strong emphasis on developing a culture where all staff at whatever level are valued. Staff are offered development opportunities to increase their confidence, skills and progression in their careers.
To support this TDS promotes the concept of a ‘well trained workforce’ to managers and works with all stakeholders to plan it’s work to achieve the following:
• Provision of leadership and direction in relation to training and development,
• Support for people from induction to higher levels of competence and skills,
• Support for the role-related professional and career development needs of the workforce including opportunities for national accreditation,
• Provision of opportunities for the wider workforce to explore shared purposes and the diversity of contribution they make to improve the lives of children and adults,
• Make more efficient use of resources to achieve increased value for money and greater impact,
• Create a positive and supportive climate for all delegates.